Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Fishing Info

About Ocean Obsession Guide Service

Where does Ocean Obsession Guide Service fish?

We fish the Oregon area, including Pacific Ocean, Coos Bay, Umpqua River, Tahkenitch Lake, Tahkenitch Creek, Eel Creek, Eel Lake, Clear Lake, Horsfall Lake, Threemile Lake, Sandpoint Lake, Beale Lake, Saunders Lake, Elbow Lake, Lake Marie, Snag Lake, Bluebill Lake, Lake Edna, Carter Lake, Teal Lake, Perkins Lake, Hall Lake, Butterfly Lake, Crown Z Lake, Butterfield Lake, Lost Lake, Shuttpelz Lake.

What are the target fish?

Target fish include Halibut (Atlantic Halibut, Pacific Halobut), Lingcod, Rockfish, Salmon (Chinook Salmon, Coho Salmon), Albacore Tuna

Where in Oregon to we meet our guests?

We meet at Winchester Bay ( Winchester Bay, OR 97467, USA )

Do I need a STATE Fishing license?

Yes, a Fishing license is required

Where do I get a STATE Fishing license?

An Oregon fishing license is required for anyone aged 12 year or older. All anglers (regardless of age) need a valid angling tag and must follow regulations on recording harvest. All anglers, regardless of age, must have in possession a valid Columbia River Basin Endorsement when angling for salmon, steelhead and sturgeon in the mainstem Columbia River, and in all rivers and their tributaries that flow into the Columbia River. Please visit the Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife website for more information and to purchase your license.

How much should I Tip?

It is customary to tip 20% of the trip total. We work tirelessly to make sure you have a guest experience!

Do I need to bring my own gear?

No, we provide standard gear such as rods and reels so you don’t need to worry about anything. But please feel free to bring you own gear if you prefer.